Thursday, 5 March 2015

2015 Targets

After considering 2014 as being a bit of a disappointment, I decided to change my approach to my running. I've always followed the Chasers running schedule, and enjoy running with the group over the various track, tempo and long run sessions that are organised weekly. 
However, to achieve my goals I would need to focus on how I can squeeze in key sessions around my busy work schedule. 
The early races for me post the cross country season were Wokingham Half and London Marathon in April. 
I also decided to do Seville Marathon, as a sort of tune up tempo run, 2 weeks after Wokingham, and 9 weeks before London. I felt this would be a great opportunity to get some target pacing in for London in a race environment, whilst having a fun weekend away in a sunnier climate.

The Training Plan

A number of club mates followed the Pfizinger and Douglas (or P & D) training plan, to great success over the past year. While I've been strategic about my training in the past, this takes it to a whole new level, with the focus being on the addition of midweek longer runs, longer tempo sessions, and less of the shorter track sessions that I had previously included. Whilst there are track sessions included, they usually form part of a long run (for instance, 9 miles general aerobic followed b 6x600's at 5km pace, or 10 miles followed by 10x100 strides).
There are different options to choose from, and I went with the 75-85 miles per week plan, as I feel to achieve my goals I need to keep the volume high. The plan was 18 weeks to Lindon, but I had managed about 6 weeks of good aerobic base work before that.

My Race Goals for 2015

Really, they are to improve across all distances. I have no distractions in terms of triathlon, and can focus purely on developing my running. So, they are as follows;

Marathon - Sub 2:50
Half Marathon - Sub 80
10 Mile - Sub 60
10km - Sub 36
5km - 16:4X
3000m - 9:4X
1 Mile - 4:5X
1500 - 4:30
800 - 2:15


No comments:

Post a Comment